Thursday, February 17, 2011

Busy life!

So, I've been slacking.  I've been trying to update daily, but life had other plans for me this week.  My mom is slowly losing her battle to cancer.  She has been fighting it for 2 years now and it has spread to her brain.  She is deteriorating fast, and as sad as it is to say it, I hope she goes soon so she can be free of the pain.  I know the hardest part for her is that she won't be here to watch her grandchildren grow, but what better view is there than watching them from Heaven?  I am looking forward to her being my children's guardian angel!

A little background about me. I live in a suburb of Chicago and my parents and rest of my family live about an hour away.  I had to drive into the city on Tuesday to pick up my brother, who lives in Southern Illinois, from Union Station and take him to my parents' house.  All the while, I have a teething child!  Then, my husband left to NJ for a couple days for work.  These are the days that I wish I had a nanny, chauffeur and maid!  Thank God that I've been reading this amazing book, The Stay at Home Survival Guide by Melissa Stanton on my Kindle.  This is actually helping me stay sane after the kiddies go to bed!  I highly recommend this book to any mom that is a SAHM or contemplating on leaving the workforce to stay home with the kids.  Great insight and you'll say, "wow, I feel the same exact way!"

Anywho, I'm done babbling now, and I will attempt to continue posting daily! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!